Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pictures!

Salam-a! How is everyone doing? I'm in the capitol, Tana, finishing up a week of training with my fellow stage mates. It's been great...catching up on stories, comparing experiences, sharing lessons learned, and just hanging out, eating good food, appreciating electricity and running water, and fast internet! So, finally with the capability to share, here are some pictures from site to give you a better idea of life in here in Madagascar.
~Family I work with a lot, gardening, rice farming, hanging out. This is a classic Malagasy picture....stand there and whatever you do, don't smile.

~Some girls charing a cultural dance on July 26, Madagascar's Independence Day and a big party day around the island.

~My lighthouse lemurs.

~The Cirque Rouge with my counterpart, Senator Bachir (center), and two friends, Farida and Faly. Fabulous crossbedding at this site.

~The tamin-bary (rice paddy) I'm usually to be found at, the ladies who taught me how to transplant rice, and the view from my garden. See all those mango trees? Next month, baby!

~My house. Pretty adorable huh?



















I love you all! Hugs and kisses from Madagascar! Hope everyone is having loads of fun!

Yours,
Tara Magnolia

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sending you love every day, darling. I am so proud of you! Thank you for sharing more pictures, it looks just gorgeous.

my address (parent's house):
1357 Olivia Ct
Bellingham,WA 98226

I'm moving to Seattle in about a month, but don't know where I'll be living yet. Send anything to Bellingha, my parents will make sure it finds me.


I love you.
-Amy

RVNeises said...

Hey Tara! This is one of your cousins, Brian & Rose Neises (Your Uncle Bob's son). We have a question for you. We were wondering if it would be okay for Mickie (our daughter in 6th grade)to tell her class about you and your accomplishments. We know that you don't have access to a computer too often, but maybe the kids could e you?
We're very proud of you!
Brian & Rose

RVNeises said...

Hey, this is your cousin Mickie. I think what you are doing is really cool. I hope you have time to talk to my class.
Love,
Mickie Neises

MalagasyMagnolia said...

Hello Brian, Rose and Mickie! Thanks so much for reading the blog and sharing this adventure with me. I'm not sure how to contact you, but I would love to share with Mickie and her class. Peace Corps even has a pen pal type exchange between volunteers and classes back in the states. If Mickie's teacher is interested, I would love to exchange letters with her and the class. My email is taramagnolia@gmail.com and mailing address is BP 200 Mahajanga Principle 401 Madagascar. Please do be in touch! And I would love to hear as well about the family, your 6th grade life, Mickie, and anything else exciting...gardening advice would be extremely helpful too! :) Sending my love to all the Neises! Tara