Saturday, April 4, 2009

Veloma Madagasikara!

For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

A week...or two later...and I am finally off again, but before the packing begins and my head moves along with my body to a new home, here are a few pictures for us to share and remember a most extraordinary last few months in Madagascar.

I apologize...captions are below and you get to play match the photo to the caption...I can't figure out how to get them next to eachother. :)



















The enormous baobab tree in Mahajanga...hang out spot by the seaside.
Sailboat and Katsepy.
A huge chamelon hanging out in one of the trees of Isalo NP...New Year's Vacation.
Just before the chilly waterfall dip...Isalo NP, New Year's.
Too beautiful for words...Nymph Cascade, Isalo NP, New Year's.
Crazy bright red many-pede at Isalo NP, New Year's.
My stage and newest best friends before the split...I love you all!
Thanksgiving, Gasy-American style.
My best friends, dressed up for Christmas day.
Outside the church Christmas Day, Katsepy...friends, Santa and candy = perfect celebration!
Sailing home to Katsepy.
My last braids...and a shot of my home decorations.
The environment club students planting and protecting the tree seedlings they grew in order to provide a 'living fence' for the school.
Forty cows...just as many young boys...a crazy day and a perfectly prepared rice paddy.
Bowls and bowls of rice.

And so tomorrow, a new adventure begins...with a 3pm flight to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. I'm thrilled, nervous, anxious to find out who my new friends are, where my new community will be, what my new job is, but above all excited and happy. And though the title of this blog and its contents are now shifting to a new home, I will always be Malagasy Magnolia, sharing my continued Peace Corps...Part 2...experience with you all. Love you and more to come!

No comments: