Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Love to all! (I'm alive and doing wonderful!)

Hello all! Okay, I'm on a french keyboard, and there is quite the line of PCT's waiting for computer time after me, so please forgive the shortness of this post and any wierdness with wrong letters/characters. :) So, in short, things in Madagascar are wonderful! My training group, trainers, language teachers and Malagasy family are all super lovely people. Living with a Malagasy family is both a great learning experience and a huge challenge...but, my Malagasy gets better every day, and I'm totally digging the candle-lite evenings, rice for three meals a day every day, showers from a bucket, and I believe I've mastered the kabone (latrine). I'm getting super mahay (smart) with all sorts of gardening (including rice cropping) and am starting to figure out what environ. ed. actually means. :) And, I know where I will be living for the next two years...Katsepy! It is a beach village on the West Coast (closest big tozn is Mahajunga). It looks totally sweet.
I feel like there is so much I want to share, but I will hqve to do this more later...sorry I haven't been able to write sooner...we just arrived in Tana (the big city) last night...I can,t believe Iùve been gone for less than 3 weeks...America seems pretty far away to me now, and Iùm definitely loving the Malagasy immersion. Today we visited an amazing orphanage in Tana, and got to play with children all day...all I can say is that it was magical. Thanks for all the wonderful notes so far...I'm very happy, loving life, and staying healthy. Hopefully I'll have internet again in a couple more weeks, and Iùll write a better, less random post then, but I should prob share the computer. Thinking about you all lots! Love you so much!

~Tara Tsiky (Smile)

8 comments:

Jeremiah said...

sounds amazing! can't wait to hear more about it. -jeremiah

Robyn said...

Thanks for the post! I'm glad to know that you are getting settled into your new life! You always approach challenges with such a positive attitude...I'm sure this has served you well as you acclimate more to your environment! I can't wait to hear more!

Robyn said...

P.S. What is your address now that you're in your new home?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! I am happy to hear you are doing well! Whenever you feel like you are a long way from home, just remember that the US is only 7918 miles away... um... through the center of the Earth. :)

Suzanne said...

Hey, Tara! I am sitting hear with your mom. We are reading about your wonderful life and wonder what a sunset will look like in the town you will be living for the next two years. Be sweet and tell us everything! Do they have "Chocolate" over there??? :)

Tracy Sanders, Your Computer Teacher

PS. Can you snag one of those French keyboards? I want to totally freak out my students.

Michele said...

Glad to hear from you. Sounds like an exciting time. I think of you often!

Larry Smiley said...

Larry Smiley
We had a great easter. Glad we can be intouch again
Keep us posted as best you can.
All of our Love

Unknown said...

Im so glad you are having an amazing adventure. I know you are just soaking it all in. I can't wait for your next update. I love you so much.

LEMURS!!!!!

Suzanne! If you read this... fedex says tara's luggage should be to your in 5 business days from today (march 25). I left you a note in the top of the smaller suitcase.